Thank you for your report.
Your information has been saved and will be used as the City begins the recovery process. Here is some additional information you may find helpful:
Government Assistance Following a Disaster
Immediate Steps to Take:
- Ensure the safety of your family and property.
- Contact your Personal Insurance Agent (Home, Auto) and file claims for damage with your insurance company.
- Document damage with photos, notes, estimates, etc.
- Secure personal belongings and papers.
- Visit the City website or call the Customer Contact Center at 757-382-2489 for information on disposing of damaged items, including debris.
- Remain patient. The damage claim process can be long and cumbersome.
- Sign up for updates at CityOfChesapeake.net/ChesapeakeAlert.